Theme: Come To your Senses
Tuesday July 22nd to Friday July 25th, 2014
Early Bird $150/Adult ($175 after May 30th)
1) WHEN: Tuesday July 22st to Friday July 25th, 2014
2) WHAT: KindlingsFest is a celebration of art and ideas and where they intersect with the spiritual. This four-day getaway provides just the right mix of free time for you and your family to enjoy the refreshing wonders of Orcas Island while drinking in the a stimulating morning lecture, conversations with artists in residence and BagEnd Cafe.
The Kindlings is a relational, intergenerational movement whose mission is to rekindle the spiritual, intellectual and creative legacy of Christians in culture. The Kindlings welcomes people to participate in our events regardless of their religious affiliation.
3) WHERE: Off the coast of Washington State on beautiful Orcas Island, gem of the San Juan islands. Orcas Island was named by Island Magazine as one of the top ten islands in the world to call home. Events are held at Orcas Island Community Church, 176 Madrona Street Eastsound Washington 98245
More Information and registration soon to follow, but for now here is a Taste of what's in store…
Artists Bruce Herman
and Walter Hansen
Bobette Buster, USC Film School
Graham Kerr, The Galloping Gourmet!
Visual Artist - An Installation by artist Roger Feldman
Tenor – Ross Hauck
Poet – Malcolm Guite
4) BUFFET LUNCH: After each lecture we offer a catered buffet ($14 per person). You will order meals when you register, but you will pay for your meals when you check in forKindlingsFest. This meal after the morning lecture is a great way to meet people from all over the country (and world) who are joining us for KindlingsFest. See sample menu at bottom of this page.
All other items (see below: accommodations, meals and all other events) are ala carte! Please use the links below to book your accommodations and make your travel arrangements NOW! Orcas Island gets overbooked in the summer.
5) What about kids? KindlingsKids is a fun program for kids thirteen and under (with a nursery) that operates during the morning lectures. The kids love it!
6) Our registration fees for KindlingsFest 2014 were set modestly to cover our actual expenses for this event. Register early by May 30th and the price per adult is $150. After May 30th the per adult price is $175. $50 per student. Children 12 and under $20 . (Some scholarship funds may be available by writing The Kindlings @ PO Box 729, Eastsound, WA 98245.)
KindlingsKamp @ KindlingsFest 2014 We were encouraged to see more students, young adults and families at K-Fest last summer, but we also recognize the cost of accommodations is a barrier for many. So ~ we opened up a low-cost ($30 for the week), rustic, camping area on church property to accommodate about 50 campers. Bring your own tent if possible, for others, a couple of dormitory style tents will house singles and we can provide a few more tents for those who cant bring them. There will be showers available at nearby gym twice a day and there will be portable bathrooms. If you are interested in this possibility, go ahead and register and mention your interest in the COMMENTS area. A PDF of details can be found HERE.
Please Register- so you won't miss a thing!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY
7) ACCOMMODATIONS: It is a good idea to book your accommodations ASAP. Here are some resources(Click Links):
- Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts
- The Lodge on Orcas Island - Similar to a Hostel: Price for private room, shared bath is $89/double. Camping is available as well. $40 per tent/double occupancy/$20 additional person/full use of the house.
- Camping on Orcas - A List of Campsites and costs with contact numbers throughout Orcas Island
If you are having problems finding accommodations, let us help.
Call (360)-376-6422 M-F 10:00AM – 3:00PM(PST)
Plan on arriving Monday, and leaving Saturday afternoon.
9) MEALS AND OTHER THINGS TO DO ON ORCAS.
- Dining Orcas is home to a wide range of dining options.
- Outdoor Activities Whale watching, kayaking, sailing, hiking, swimming
- Arts & Galleries Enjoy local Northwest artists
- Arts & Shopping No malls, no chains, just wonderful local shoppes.
- Transportation Ferries (Walk On or Drive On!), Planes or (walk in the water?)
- Buffet Menu -
Tuesday: Grilled Salmon Ciabata Sandwich, Potato Salad, Apple Crisp
Wednesday: Vegetarian Lasagna, Garden Salad, Garlic Bread, Berry Cobbler
Thursday: Wood Fired Pizzas, Caesar Salad, Hot Fudge Sundaes
Friday BBQ Pork Back Ribs, Corn Bread, Cole Slaw and Brownies
Drinks | Sweet Basil Lemonade, Iced Tea and Ice Water